Pause to Prepare
For this week’s pause section, enjoy the video below.
Worship at Home
To Ponder for the Pulpit
- What do you think it means to “be the church” during this pandemic?
- What does it mean to disagree well?
Process what you heard from the Pulpit
- Read Romans 5:1-11. While we are called to commit to Christ, we must understand that the Father and the Son committed to us first.
- Read Matthew 8:18-22. Why wouldn’t Jesus allow the man to bury his father before doing anything else? Was this an unreasonable ask?
- During this pandemic, has your commitment to Christ grown stronger or weaker?
- Read 1 Kings 8:61. Close this time today by asking God to make these words true in your life.
This Week at the Dinner Table
- Think back. When do you remember first feeling “mature”? What made you feel that way?
- How do you define “mature” or “maturity”?
- What’s wrong with prolonged immaturity? Why?
- Read Hebrews 6:1-8.
- Give an example of something you left behind near the outset of your ongoing process of maturation/sanctification (either through God’s pruning or decisions you found yourself making, which may be the same thing).