Stay up to Date With What’s Going on in Children’s Ministry
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to stay up to date on everything going on for kids. It includes our weekly Bible lesson, discussion questions, and activities for families that prefer to worship at home. You’ll also get information about our Sunday and Wednesday programs as well as all the fun things that will be happening over the summer.
All Children’s Ministry programs currently require all children and leaders to wear masks at all times. We encourage hand sanitizing at frequent intervals and set up spaces to facilitate social distancing.
- “God’s Big Story” tells us the story of God’s plan for redemption starting in the Garden of Eden. This year, we’re tracing it through the entire Bible and helping the kids connect to God, find their place in the Big God Story, and respond to Him through the power of the Holy Spirit! Every Sunday is filled with fun activities, games, crafts, and interactive Bible teaching that all reinforce our big God statement for the week—this is a truth about who God is and what he has done.
- Join us on campus! All classes (nursery-6th grade) are open during the 10:45 am service.
- If you would like more information about Sunday mornings for kids, contact Cami Marchand.
- *VBC Kids Face Mask Policy:
- ALL teachers in ALL classes (nursery-6th grade) will wear a face mask the entire time.
- Infants & Walkers (12-23 months): Face masks are NOT required.
- 2’s/ 3’s Class: Face masks are OPTIONAL.
- 4-year-olds- 6th Grade: Face masks ARE required.
We have 2 programs being offered simultaneously on Wednesday nights:
- ROCK is for kids 1st-4th grade, and it’s an evening of games, worship, activities, a Bible lesson, and small group discussion. It’s a fun-focused time where kids can make new friends and learn about how Jesus impacts every area of their life.
- Last semester we explored who God says that He is, this spring we’re investigating the mystery of, “Who Does God Say I Am?”
- LAUNCH is for kids in 5th and 6th grade. To get our 5th and 6th graders ready for the exciting change to Junior High, we have designed a brand new program! LAUNCH meets on the same schedule as ROCK and includes all the fun and community, but this older group of kids dig deeper into God’s word and exploring what it means to hold a biblical worldview in a culture of subjective truth.
Save the Date!
- Fifth and Sixth Grade Blessing: May 12, at 7:00 pm. A memorable night just for the 5th and 6th grade kids transitioning into Junior High and their families.
- Preview Sunday: May 16 During the normal Sunday morning, kids will get a sneak-peek at the class they’ll be moving up to and meeting their new teachers.
- Promotion Sunday: May 23: All kids kinder-6th grade will move into their new classes for Sunday mornings.
- Sonrise Rainforest: June 14-18, 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- DIG Tuesdays: June 22-August 3 (not meeting 7-13)
- Park Thursdays: June 24-August 5, 10:00 am-12:30 pm (not meeting 7-15)
- Week Venture: July 12-16, 9:00 am-3:30 pm
- September 5: New Sunday curriculum begins! Stay tuned for exciting announcements and more information.
- September 8: ROCK begins, Wednesdays, 7:00-8:15 pm.
So many exciting things are happening this summer, you won’t want to miss out! Any questions, please contact Cami Marchand.
- Sonrise Rainforest (for kids entering Kinder-6th grade):
- Register to volunteer HERE: *Space for kids is limited, priority registration is given to kids of our volunteers.
- Registration for kids will open on May 1.
- DIG (every Tuesday) for kids entering 3rd-5th grade. Registration is not needed, just come and have fun. *New this year, bring a sack lunch!
- Park Days (every Thursday) for kids entering 1st-5th grade. Registration is not needed. Each week will have a different theme and unique games and activities: “Up in the Air,” “Underwater,” Pool Noodle Olympics,” “Winter in August,” and all kinds of other fun craziness! *New this year, bring a sack lunch!
- Week Venture for kids entering 1st-5th:
- Registration will open May 12, stay tuned for more info.